Reply to New Studio Gear & Set-Up advice needed! You guys are the only people I'll listen to!

New Studio Gear & Set-Up advice needed! You guys are the only people I'll listen to!
'Sup DJTT community ,

I've got a little dilemma that needs your assistance & expertise
I've been DJing since '94, but took a step back from it between 2002 until the beginning of last year, when I got myself into the world of Digital DJing & Controllerism (love that word). After a while I progressed to using Ableton & making my own stuff with the assistance of DJTT & Youtube- Cheers guys
So far I've been using my laptop & an Akai LPD8 for production & my DDJ-SX for DJing. I've been really impressed with what it all can do & now the time has come to add some additional hardware for performing & composing. This is where I need YOUR help! I want a set-up that allows me to compose & perform without anything holding me back & I've figured that I'll need the following to get the most out of Ableton: (1) a controller for Ableton (2) Midi Keyboard & (3) 16 pad drum machine/ sampler.

I've slimmed it down to 4 possible set-ups:

(1) APC40, MPK25 & Maschine Mk2,

(2) APC20, MPK Mini & Maschine Mikro2,

(3) APC40, MPK Mini & Maschine Mikro2 or

(4) Launchpad, LPK25 & Maschine Mk2

As you can see I am open to a variety of models & configurations, but would like to stick with AKAI & N.I. for hardware, and maybe Novation aswell.
Can anyone give me any help with picking the right combination of gear, and maybe give me some advice on what the limitations of particular setups would be? I've done a fair bit of Googling on the differences between the models, but I really would appreciate a real-world point of view from somebody already using some of this gear & who has firsthand experience about what the the pro's & con's would be.
Budget isn't too much of an issue although I don't want it getting any higher than the cost of an APC40, MPK25 & Maschine Mk2, which is about $1500AUD, but if I can save money on something I'm interested haha! Also, I have a Samsung 64-bit Windows laptop w/ 4Gb RAM/500Gb HDD & a 21.5" new 2.7GHz i5 iMac w/ 8Gb RAM if that helps..

So, DJTT Community - what should I & shouldn't I get? Is there a piece of gear missing that you feel is vital for the Ableton experience? Am I going in the wrong direction with what I've picked so far?
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy