Reply to Subculture's Setup

Subculture's Setup
I've been meaning to post here for awhile, anyway here's a few pictures that I've managed to find of various set ups I've used over the years.

This was taken early 1983. First DJ set/ A pair of 1200s (what else was there), a Radio Shack mixer (spent all of my savings on the 1200s) and a telephone handset that a friend converted into a DJ headset.
As far as everything else, SAE pre-amp, Parametric EQ (a bitch to adjust I got rid of it shortly after this picture was taken) and 500 watt amp. TEAC ( I believe) cassette deck, DBX audi switcher and a Bose 901 EQ. The 901 speakers are just outside of the picture.

The above served me well until I sold everything ( I know, I know) in 1993.

I took a break from DJing for awhile.
Fast forward a few years and back into DJing.

A pair of Denon DN-S3500s and a Denon DN-X500.
Before the 3500s I had a pair of DN-S1000s, but I can't find any pictures of those.

When the Denon DN-HS5500s became available, I bought a pait and thought I was in heaven. No more burnng CDs! My DJ set was complete. What more could I ask for?

Then the Denon DN-X1600 was released and of course I had to get one of those! I actually wanted the DN-X1700, but I just didn't have the money for one.

After a club event where I played with another DJ who was a Traktor Pro user, i decided to take the plunge and go all digital.

I sold my 5500s and used the money to buy a pair of Kontrol X1s and Traktor Pro.

When the Denon MC-6000 became available, I bought one and thought, "nice"
Unfortunately it wasn't long before I outgrew it.

My current set up. 13" MBP (and I once swore I'd never use a MAC) with a Vestax VCI-400 EGE, AIAIAI TMA-1s and Traktor Pro 2.1.3.
This will be my last DJ rig.
Until something better comes along.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy