Reply to DjElton's setup

DjElton's setup
Hello from Estonia, I have been lurking around so much here, so I decided to make a topic here as well. + keep in mind that since there exists already a few Dj Elton's I'm still in search of a more presentable name, so suggestions are welcomed

I first had interest in maybe 2004 when I downloaded a cracked version of VirtualDj and started messing about.

Then everything got quiet for maybe a year or two and I bought my first controller, as it was the cheapest way to go, Hercules MK2, with a built-in soundcard:

As I was a young boy and didn't have any consistency, as I didn't see any chance to play anywhere, again, my motivation and different hobbies got the best of me and I stopped until 2010, when I got interested again and then got myself Novation Nocturn, for use with Ableton and Traktor:

By then my family had already moved to a private house, so I got finally to customize my room a little:

Then one day I got myself even more gadgets, Akai LPK-25 & Korg NanoKontrol, I was a nerd for mapping so by then almost every button did like a 4 different things with different shift keys

In the summer I even got to practice outdoors, which was fun, as my little Civic pumped out more Wattage than my home speakers and I was basically performing to the whole neighbourhood + some onus pics of my car:

Bonus1 - Yes, that's a pic from 2012 Tomorrowland parking lot

Bonus2 - A little DIY.

Bonus3 - Winter LowLifer setup

Then I moved to the other end of Estonia and had to sell my almost whole setup with a few months difference(I sold everything besides Korg NanoKontrol). But I managed to take a pic of my Hercules, which I had customized with carbon vinyl by that time:

After selling almost all of my gear I started to practice at my local University, which had it's own gear(2 sets: 2x800CDJ's + DJM400 and another set with 2x2000CDJ's + DJM900) and even started playing at some of my Universities parties:

It was obvious, that I had managed to brake out of the ordinary bedroom-DJ routine, so I decided I needed some better headphones, I chose AiAiAi TMA-1 Beatport editions, since I wanted to buy once, not to buy many cheap ones:P

At the start of this year I decided that I want to practice at home more and to play at some house parties, so I bought a cheap mixer(wanted a 4-channel one, but this one was closer by and cheaper and has only the crossfader bleeding, that I don't use), which turned out to be Numark DM3000X. Eventually I want some 4 channel mixer with no/minimal effects, ATM I'm heading towards Allen & Heath Xone:42, due to It's great filters and sound quality (+ it looks Awesome).

I also bought myself a really underrated controller, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, which has a 4-channel really good soundcard and doesn't look like a Toy in the venues DJ booth, unlike most of the others do. It has really good features, also a excellent mapping, the jog-wheel is great for beatmatching and since I don't scratch the size doesn't bring me down. It also has so many ways to control effects and a lot of other possibilities.
So again, I don't see why everyone is not already using this 2010 product, that is Traktor Certified, is solid and looks cool due to it's metal design. I haven't had the chance to make a stand for it to sit flush with the mixer, but I'll get to that.

2 says later, after receiving it, I could already test it live, with only an hour home-playing time(I had exams, so no practice for me ), so it was quite an experience. A bad shot of it in a booth, next to CDJ1000 MK3:

And my final update with a pic says the message "DON'T LEAVE YOUR SETUP UNATTENDED AT AN HOUSE PARTY":

I'm getting it fixed ASAP
Also about the final setup pic, since I live at an dorm room, I cant get myself a separate setup desk, but I'm currently apartment-hunting, so I'm hoping to get a decent IKEA table and some decent speakers. Also planning to get another Reloop Contour to my setup, so I wouldn't have to switch between channels.

Wow, that was a long post, but that was a solid post as well and I hope nobody hates me much
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy