Reply to Ken808's Humble Setup

Ken808's Humble Setup
Hello all!

Link to pics: http://imgur.com/a/xIGBi

I started DJing about 6 months ago. I started with a Technics SL-1200Mk2 that I picked up for $250. Shortly after that, I found a mint KAB Technics SL-1210M5GSE on craigslist for $500. I probably could've gone a bit cheaper for a rig to gig with, but I haven't seen many M5Gs here in Hawaii at all. As I learned more about my gear, I discovered that the tonearm on the MK2 was slightly damaged. I was going to repair it, until I looked on craigslist (yet again) and saw a cherry SL-1200MK5 for $120! It was missing the plastic tonearm rest, and the counterweight. The seller had no idea what he was sitting on, it was an amazing deal.

I initially learned on Traktor Pro from my friends setup, so I went with a Pioneer DJM-T1 mixer, which is perfect for my needs. It's got a custom skin on it from Styleflip.com. My laptop is a 2008 MBP, and I recently installed under platter halo LEDs, which have numerous colors, fades, and a setting where it'll flash to the beat. It also has a strip to light up the pitch slider. My headphones are Pioneer HDJ-2000.

Reggae & Dancehall are very popular in Hawaii, and I usually spin for local reggae shows, warming up the crowd, and spinning in between sets/bands. I love the feeling when a big tune drops, and the crowd goes crazy. It keeps me motivated and is my favorite part of our craft. Thanks for looking!
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy